“When you told stories, I felt like jumping and clapping.”
– Matt S., M.L. King School
YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS!
Stagebridge is a 501(c)3 non-profit; your donation will be tax deductible
Let’s look at the year in review and find out exactly why it matters to support Stagebridge:
- Our award-winning Storybridge program continues to change the lives of Bay Area elementary school students. We inspired over 5000 kids in 11 schools, held over 15 story-telling sessions in schools, senior facilities and other inter-generational venues this year. Throughout our history, we have done more than any other entity in this field.
- Our Seniors Reaching out program continues to bring our touring performance groups to places which provide services for seniors. We held over 100 performances this year at near cost or below. That’s almost 3 performances per week that primarily reach those without regular access to performing arts programming.
- We continue to offer a fabulous variety of professionally taught classes at some of the lowest prices around! And we continue to innovate. This year we held 22 new workshops and courses. Not to mention, 9 showcases at professional theaters.
How can you help in all of these efforts?
- A tax-deductible donation before December 31st (if you'd like to donate in January or later, you can donate by June 30th, the end of our fiscal year). Open the checkbook or click the donate button the second you finish this letter, send it in and you’ll be done with it! Think how good you will feel…
- Become a monthly sustainer: it's easy to do online by credit/debit card or Paypal (just click the gold "Donate" button above)! Or you might choose to pledge by writing a monthly check, or set up a direct deposit from your checking account. Stop by our offices to find out how - no amount is too small!
- As you’re planning your estate, consider including a bequest to Stagebridge. Or leave it all to us if the kids were not good to you!
- An often overlooked option: Get your inner circle of family and friends to contribute to Stagebridge. They see how wonderful you look and sound after taking our classes!!
THANK YOU for your continued involvement with and support of Stagebridge – we couldn’t do it without you!
WAYS TO GIVE:
- Online through PayPal
- By mail: 2501 Harrison St., Oakland, CA 94612 (Make checks payable to Stagebridge)
- Planned giving, stock donations: Call (510) 444-4755, x117 for more info
- Join our bequest program. More information here.
Your donation makes a dramatic difference in the lives of countless seniors and elementary school students across the Bay Area. By supporting Stagebridge, you’re helping to:
- Engage active older adults
Stagebridge helps keep people active and involved by offering classes in the theater arts as well as performance opportunities. Rehearsing and performing with others helps provide purpose, stimulation and a sense of camaraderie. It also provides an opportunity to give back through community outreach to young people and vulnerable elders.
- Serve young people in the Bay Area
Stagebridge sends volunteers to provide students in Title One elementary schools with a rich, multicultural, intergenerational storytelling and writing experience.
- Reach out to elders
Stagebridge sends our actors and musicians to Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Skilled Nursing Facilities, hospitals, senior centers, and adult day programs to offer workshops and to perform. This unique program brings a variety of engaging performances and programs to organizations such as St. Mary's Center, Center for Elders Independence, Kindred Medical Hill, and Northern California Presbyterian Homes.
STAGEBRIDGE programs are made possible through the generous support of the following organizations . . . and supporters like you!